I have to be honest here. When I was trying to get pregnant the second time, I really let my diet slide. First, I had about 30 lbs to lose from my first pregnancy which I half-heartedly attempted to lose because I knew I was going to get pregnant again since I got pregnant so easily the first time. (Seriously - our second month trying and we were pregnant with Stathis). Then, secondary infertility hit and the three year battle to try to get pregnant ensued. And it seemed for the longest time that nothing else mattered. I researched, blogged, went to the fertility clinic, went for accupunture, hired a trainer, and ultimately tried IVF which worked for us.
Now, the babies are four months old and I am left with those 30lbs that I still have to lose. I've lost weight in the past...to fit into a dress for a wedding, or because I had 6 months to summer vacation...but this time around, I want to get healthy for my health - not how I will look in a certain pair of jeans. Since the death of my brother Chris, I have been saying that I want to make a committment to my health but I haven't really been watching my diet or exercising.
So, this week I am going to start with my diet. I am going to become more aware of what goes into my mouth and not indulge in every piece of food that looks tempting. I wil be tracking what I eat to be more disciplined. Also look for my weekly weigh in and my weekly committment to getting healthy...
Last week I took the twins for their four month check up and immunizations. Christopher now out-weighs Eleni at 14.5 lbs! Eleni is 13.5 lbs. They are doing great! I better run, I have some tidying up to do and we are off to visit my mother in law today!
Quads turn 2!
6 years ago




So glad the twins are growing and doing well! It's hard to lose weight, but the confidence you will feel is so worth it! I do Weight Watchers online and it's quick and easy to track my eating habits and get fun, healthy recipes. Keep us updated on your progress, you can do it!
ReplyDeleteGreat to hear that your twins are doing so well :)) Good luck with your diet start... know the feeling of wanting to get started but putting it off for number 2 :) You'll get there b/c you want to do it for you :)) xoxo
ReplyDeleteGood Luck with the eating healthy. Its always hard at first but you can ddo it:) Glad to hear the twins are well. Need a pic!!!
ReplyDeleteOh man, I am so with you on the trying to get healthy thing. I'm having a terrible time sticking to it. Good luck! - ICWL
ReplyDeleteHere's to making a commitment to ourselves and sticking to it. Good luck! Lori (ICWL)
ReplyDeleteHi from ICLW. Your children are so beautiful. I can't believe how big the twins are. My little peanut (we concieved him through embryo adoption) was still just 12lbs at 6 months. Goodl luck with the weight loss!
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your diet! I've found that when I track the things I eat I am able to have much more self control.
ReplyDeleteHappy ICLW from a fellow elementary teacher! Best wishes with your diet! I am trying to cut my sugar but I have not had a good week with that goal so far. :(
ReplyDeleteLosing weight before babies and losing weight while parenting are two different things.
ReplyDeleteBefore - you can plan your meals, and stick to it...
After ... sometimes, you open up your cupboard in desperation for some sort of sustenance ... and all you got is a twinkie ... so.... a twinkie it is with promises to counter act with a salad later... in which case, you end up ordering pizza cuz the day was just too long... and you don't want to cook or move, or make a sound ... in fear that ....... they will wake up...
LOL....
Happy ICLW from #3