I've decided to enter the blogging world of the 21st century. I am not the most spiritual person, but lately I've had to turn to a higher being to help me deal with the struggle of secondary infertility. What I find so interesting is that this process has opened me up to the wonder of the world we live in, and that if I look for them, I can ususally find miracles in my daily hectic life. I don't mean miracles like the icons in an Orthodox church suddenly spewing tears, but I do mean the little wonders that make me think:
"I am so grateful for what I have. I really have no reason to complain. Yes, things are bad at times, but they can always be waaaaay worse."
The idea for this blog happened when researching some infertility drugs I stumbled across a blog of a woman who through IVF was carrying quads. I have been following her blog daily since.
Shortly after that came Easter. Being a Greek-Canadian, Easter has always been a big deal for me. I spent a lot of time at church during the holy week and really started to think about the miracle of the resurrection of Christ and again, started thinking about miracles in my daily life and I made a pledge to look out for them and to share them with the world so that I could try to make sense of a situation that is beyond my control.
So this is my blog and I hope that if you are struggling with infertility, or in need of a daily miracle, that you will follow and will start to find the daily miracles in your own life.
I am an elementary school teacher but am on a three year secondment at the moment as a literacy/numeracy coach. I service three elementary schools, K-6, and I basically support teachers and students with literacy and numeracy initiatives.
Tonight, one of the schools hosted a Welcome To Kindergarten orientation for the kids who will be entering kidergarten in September. I was stunned to see a couple from our pre-natal class four years ago. I remembered them as the couple who were not delivering at the local hospital - they were delivering downtown - because they had tested high for Down Syndrome.
Occassionally over the last few years I would wonder what happened to that couple and if their child did end up having Down Syndrome. Tonight I found out the answer. Their beautiful little boy sat with all the other "healthy" and "normal" children. He participated in all the centres and when the parents were having their orientation, I entertained the crowd of 30 children singing and clapping and he followed along, having a great time. And all I could think of was what a miracle it was I was seeing. He was so special and beautiful. Remind me never to complain.
When I got home, my little dude, Stathis, was out with his Pappou (Grandpa) to feed my brother's cat. He came home asleep. I put on his pull up and his pajamas. I have been stressing lately because he, too, is going into kindergarten in September and can't yet write his name. I just snuggled up with him and thought, Who the heck cares? Thank God he's healthy and Thank God for that couple for being such great parents.
That was my daily miracle.
Quads turn 2!
6 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment
A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single supportive comment.